Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A pot hole amongst many

I have come about my first "bump" in the road. This bump isn't any normal pot hole. It's practically a trench, with 50 signs saying "Turn back... You may not cross... Stop!" If you haven't heard, I broke my right hand. Obviously, you need both hands to create pottery. So I'm stuck, I'm stuck in the mud of confusion trying to figure out a way around this bump. 
    I refuse to give up. I am sticking with my topic even if it kills me. It just might. I decided I'm going to really overuse my resources (aka my artist person) Hinojosa is her name (and art is her game) no but seriously, she is going to be my right hand, or maybe both of them. I'm not quite sure yet. I really want to make my art on the potters wheel. But, I know that's not the only way to make pottery.
   I'm not very good with my left hand to begin with, actually when it comes to art my right hand isn't that good either. Now, this is totally new territory for me. I'm ready to start making the pottery because this bump has completely set me back. I am going to meet with her and mr L and see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. This really is a huge obstacle! If you need any help you can ask me and maybe you could try to make both, one on the wheel and one with a different technique to see which turns out better with your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Jordan! I'm proud of you for being so determined!

    ReplyDelete